Cell Phone Guidelines
CELL PHONE AND MOBILE DEVICE GUIDELINES
At Lac du Bonnet Senior School, we want to teach and promote appropriate digital usage and citizenship. Cell phones and mobile devices can be a temptation and distraction that disrupts learning. Studies have shown that it can take the brain up to ten minutes to re-engage after responding to a cell phone distraction. Therefore, for the 2020-2021 school year Lac du Bonnet Senior School will be implementing the following:
- Cell phones and mobile devices will be permitted during lunch and breaks.
- Cell phones and mobile devices will only be used in classrooms when permission has been granted by the teacher.
- Cell phones will only be used for educational purposes, as directed by the teacher.
- Cell phones may be used when required for health or medical purposes.
- Cell phones may be used to support students with exceptional needs.
- Taking pictures or video without written permission is prohibited.
Students not following these guidelines will have their phone or device confiscated and turned into the office for the day. Should this occur a second time devices will be returned to a parent.